Saturday, May 12, 2012

she makes cakes part 2......



ok seriously this post could be called this woman is crazy, has too much time on her hands or hmmmmm maybe she just never grew up..... ok I love to throw a party, it makes me smile from the inside out....I want my boys to know that they are uniquely special to me and their birthday is a time of absolute reflection on the wonderful people that they are and how I just love being their mum....We have had bumpy roads my boys and I  so I am reminded every birthday that every year is special and to be honest when we make to another number, I somethimes sigh with relief that we made.....(insert crash & burn and cry like a baby... depending on the child.... those that have ridden this journey with me know exactly who I am talking about....)

well the crazy parties started I guess with Lukes 'spooky' themed party, it honestly was to die for!!!boom boom. I had been very fortunate to meet a wonderful friend Steph, who was in Canberra on posting from the US of A!! she had so many decorations it was very easy to get out of hand... now I have to confess while this party was BRILLIANT the cake was less than impressive but hey it was original!

so here are some party pics...

this is my lightweight trying to pop a balloon.... if only I had the same issues!!!!!
The cake was a simple and basic chocolate cake in the shape of a ghost, I then covered the cake in vanilla icecream and froze the lot...While I think its the ugliest thing on earth there was not one complaint from kids or mums!!!

Next up is Alex's 5th birthday, it was bright fun and cool.... He had chosen an 'under the sea' theme, now this theme would happen to be the very first theme of my teaching career... so I had a few ideas.... but it was still fun to do and as always the kids had a blast so mission accomplished.... I LOVE this cake, he is so COOL and effective and seriously the simplest cake ever!

here are some pics



the birthday boy!

the party space...




Next was Lukes 7th, it was a fairly low key affair in terms of friends as we had just moved but it was HUGE in terms it was the First ever birthday with family...


 obviously a Ben ten theme....Luke desperately wanted to go to Movie world for his birthday, but we still had a small celebration!!! hahahha My family is BIG!!!!nothing is small!!! Lucky enough we could have it at Nanna and Grandad's after luke begging, he really wanted a 'pool' party..... who am I to deny a birthday wish I love them!!! our wonderful Canberra friends helped him celebrate too.... Now in my family there are a LOT of end of Feb birthdays so the cake was extra big and there was plenty for everyone, Luke felt very special to share with them




the Omnitrix


 next up was Alex of course, now this birthday was a party that will go down in my partying history as one of the greatest!!!! it was a Star wars party for my star wars mad boy!!!!! super fun had by all.....it was a celebration of all that the year promised and all we had all been through...we all needed this celebration.....and celebrate we DID!








We had jedi training, light sabers, jedi costumes I sewed for all the guests, destruction of the millenium falcom (water balloons) and Darth Vadar even paid a visit....

When I did these parties it was long before I found great party sites like the little big company and lily chic events and so many more, so I scrounged spotlight, woolies and the internet for ideas and accessories........ now I have found these girls my planning days have come to a screaming hault in the fear that I could never be creative enough,.....BUT I promise I spend hours drooling over their shops and products and have been grateful in winning a few prizes seriously check these ladies out!!! They are lovely and there are loads more like them... this my friends would be a dream job, I would be in my element.... but would need some design and cake decorating lessons first....


now here are some other cakes and goodies I have baked....they look ok and are fairly easy....I am not going to post instructions but if you want them ask and I may just do it....

 my birthday cake, vanilla bean sponge, chocolate ganache, with chocolate shards.... made with my gorgeous friend Jane celebrating my birthday, Marks and Tracey's, the Canberra crew together again xxx funny thing is I don't really like chocolate but LOVE making this cake!!! oh of course its accompanied with a COSMPOLITAN!!!!


The rainbow cake, an experiment from a picture - to picture perfect... LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this cake! its so ME!


my gorgeous Niece Lola, just love that little chicky to bits xxxxxx

well thats the signifigant cakes of 2010...... seriously there is a cake every other week these posts take ages and life is crazy busy..... there will be more... be warned!!!!


happy cooking

Leonie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment